Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Where Did You Come From, Anyways?

I ask the kids this a lot...just 'cause they're so bloomin' crazy.  "From Jesus!" is often the answer.  They're just silly.  Silly, silly, silly.

Last night, we all went up to Zeeland to take a look at an elliptical that I found on Craislist.  I need to exercise, see?  ;P  Anyways, the people who had the elliptical for sale have boy/girl twins that are just about 1 year younger than Ruby and Isaac (and about a head taller.  Yikes.  =O)  Anyways, these kids were ENERGETIC.  Super.  The sweet little boy was wanting to make friends with Isaac, but "shy" Isaac would have nothing to do with it.  We need to work on those skills.  =P  Anyhow.  At some point, the little girl was telling Ruby that zombies are dead people who walk around.  Ruby's response?  "I know a story about Swami", and he got bit by a crocodile!  Ah.  I was worried how this "zombie" information might go over with my innocent children, but guess I didn't need to worry!  ;)  Gotta love Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories.  =)

After looking at the elliptical, we made a visit to our local Taco Bell for supper.  The kids did amazingly well.  Like they sat.  And ate.  Incredible.  (Though Isaac DID have to take a couple trips around the dining room for some offense that I've since forgotten.)  Vastly different from the last visit to Taco Bell that I remember.  =O  Anyhow, I was thinking how lovely this meal had been and such, and then a lady who works there came over and told the kids that they were the "most well-behaved kids I've seen in here in a long time" and gave them each a toy.  How sweet is that?!?!?!  I don't think people realize how much those little affirmations do for the kids...and their parents.  Now we need to get a thank-you card out!

It was time for the kids to do their checklists this morning, and it is "change-sheets day", so Jadelyn was reminding me that she needed help loosening up her sheet.  Isaac then offered to help her.  Jadelyn told me all excitedly, "Ruuu...Isaac is going to help me!"  Ruby was then pondering why Jadelyn often says "Ruby" before "Isaac" when she's only talking about Isaac.  This is a paraphrased version of what Ruby came up with: "she's only 3.  Her brain's not working real well" yet.  Ha!

The kids had made an absolute disaster of the house today.  Just incredible.  I told them that David was going to be home soon with the elliptical, and I would like to give them each a special ride if they could pick up in time.  Well, in about 10 minutes they had the place whipped into shape.  Wowzers.  When it's this bad, it can take them up to an hour or an hour and a half to get it cleaned up.  Today?  Record-breaking-amazingness.  Isaac told me that if I will give him a ride on the elliptical every day, he will always clean up this fast.  "Or faster", Ruby says.  Anyways, the excitement stayed WAY up and the kids were HYYYYYYPPPEEER at lunch.  Giggling like loons, to the point I was afraid that they'd choke or spit or something.  (Well, Jadelyn DID spit.  But it was on purpose.  Had to get mommy-firm about that.  Gross.)  Anyways, Ruby was trying to drink milk while laughing away.  Somehow she ended up with a few droplets on her nose, which she called me attention to.  "I can feel it", she said, and then, while crossing her eyes, proceeded to tell me she could see it a little, too.  Silly girl. And then, as I had educated the kids about calories and such today, and we had talked about how they burn calories by running all around and laughing, Isaac said, "I'm getting hungrier and hungrier", as he'd been burning through all his calories by laughing all the way through lunch.  Crazy guy.

And with that, I finished my notes.  Yay!!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment