Was reading a book about scorpions to the kids today. We have to get educated on things like that, you know...for safety sake. Near the very beginning I gave a little run down on if they see a scorpion they get away from it and tell me. So, as I'm reading, Jadelyn keeps interrupting with suggestions of what she can do with a scorpion. "I can catch one in a jar and bring it in the house." "No. You need to stay away from the scorpions". "I can chase it and scare it away...." "No, you need to stay away from the scorpions." "I will just touch it with my finger to see how hard it is". "No, you need to stay away from scorpions". "I will wear a glove and make sure it is dead before I touch it." "No, scorpions sleep during the day and you might think it's dead and it's just sleeping. You need to stay away from scorpions". Finally, I had to tell her that if something happens to her, I've done my due diligence trying to save her life. =P One of the scorpions that can kill a person resides in our area, but the book assures us that nobody in the U.S. has died from a scorpion sting in 30 years (with the help of the antivenom made out of goat's blood and scorpion venom). I'm not sure how much reassurance that really gives me since Jadelyn is determined to check those nasty things out. Tonight at supper she was again talking about how she can catch one in a jar and bring it inside and poke holes in the lid so it can breathe, but she'd wait 'til she was a grown-up to do it. Ruby then piped in, "You can't bring it in the house, 'cause you want to live with Mom when you're a grown-up". And Jadelyn was silent. Miraculous...why didn't I think of that?!?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment