Sunday, October 14, 2012

Oh, the Stories....

So, I’m back. Before I lose the card that I wrote these memories on. =O Or before I forget what stories go to my little notes. =O

One night while singing the goodnight song to Jadelyn, she was singing along with me. She managed to sing the entire song with her tongue curled. It was kind of un-intelligible, and there were breaks when we had to stop due to laughing, but you know. Where she comes up with this stuff, I don’t know. But it amuses me, still. =)

At the table recently, Jadelyn called Isaac "I-sAk". He doesn’t like that, and told her that was not his name. So, Jadelyn proceeded to ask him several times, "what’s your name, kid?" ;)

One night while giving Isaac his goodnight kisses (or getting some from him, I’m not sure), he asked, "when’s Gram gonna come fill me up with kisses?" He likes his Gram’s kisses for SURE! ;) Then, (he must’ve been kissing me at this point,) "It’s like my kisses keep making more kisses". This is a good development. Before he would run out if he hadn’t seen Gram recently enough. Maybe he’s learning that it’s better to give than to receive. ;)

Jadelyn informed me one day that the "lights keep going off" when she was going "blink, blink". Yeah, who needs a light-switch when you have eyelids anyway?

One day this week, Jadelyn and I were playing the piano. We were really quite a nice duet, if I do say so myself. Then, in the midst of a song, she looked at me and asked, "are we playing the Vaseline song?" Not knowing what song that would be, I questioned her about it. She told me it was the "Vaseline arms" one. (Sounds a little slimy to me, but you know. =O) OH! Yes, we WERE playing "the Vaseline song" – "Leaning on the EVERLASTING Arms." Ha. Poor kid probably thinks that hymns make NO sense. ;)

One day when Jadelyn had the hiccups, she informed me, "I’m hicking up". Think Ruby or Isaac told me that one before, too. Really, "toddler english" makes more sense than "real english". You know, "gooder" instead of "better", "foots" instead of "feet", etc. Who made Miriam Webster the authority on these things, anyways?

David was having "special time" with Isaac this week. Isaac wanted to play with the play kitchen like it was a restaurant. David came to the window and Isaac asked him what he wanted. "A grilled cheese sandwich." Nope, Isaac informed him, we don’t have those. "A peanut butter and jelly sandwich?" David asked. Nope, don’t have those, either. "Any sandwich?" asked a desperate David. Nope, don’t have any of those, he was told. So, David got smart and asked what he could have. "Strawberries!" Isaac told him. Isaac asked him if he wanted the strawberries warm. David told him no, he liked frozen strawberries. Isaac asked David what else he wanted. David said, "I don’t know, what else you got?" And then Isaac offered him a sandwich. That kid is a crack up.

Last Sunday we had a TERRIBLE van ride from Tracy’s house to Aunt Faye’s house. Jadelyn was in a TERRIBLE mood, Isaac got car sick and threw up twice (luckily quick-thinking David got him a cup and we had no mess in the van. Whee-haw!!!! =D), and overall, it was just a miserable hour or whatever. During what was apparently a super bad stretch, David asked, "you don’t want me to drive into a tree, do you?" Oh, man. It’s a good thing he’s around to make me laugh now and then. ;)

Another good laugh David gave me recently was when he took the kids on a "no hit" walk. He was walking around the house, followed by Ruby, who was followed by Isaac, who was followed by Jadelyn. He would say something, and then Ruby was to say it, then Isaac, then Jadelyn. It went something like this: "I will not hit. I will be kind. I will not punch" and on and on. I was giggling as I videod the last part of it. The kids were super into it, and were very serious about the whole thing. I lack the creativity that David has. =O But I do enjoy witnessing his creativity in action! =)

Jadelyn was coming upstairs, counting stairs as she went: "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11, 12,14,16…."there’s "5 steps!" she announced at the top. Oh, boy….

Ruby was very animatedly telling me today about how Jadelyn bit into the bottom of her burrito before Ruby could stop her, and she didn’t want Jadelyn to get her plate all "beany" or "ranchy". ;)

Isaac was handing out headbands tonight after bath. He gave Jadelyn the flowered one, because, he told Ruby, "since you’re older you don’t look as pretty." And yes, let me assure you, Ruby took offense to that statement.

Well, that’s the end of my notes. I know I’m forgetting a good Isaac story. That’s what I get for not writing it down quicker. =O

No comments:

Post a Comment