Tuesday, September 25, 2012

These Crazy Kids

Last night, I was finishing up supper prep with an unusual helper in the kitchen. My little man, Isaac, was there with me – not assisting, mind you, but racing cars under the non-working-propane-gas-stove-burner-thingys. Complete with noises and play-by-play descriptions. He also very carefully moved the not-hot bread pans from one side of the stove to the other with hot pads. While looking very pleased with himself. Gotta love that guy. =)

I run a little hair-cutting-service on the side of my homemaker job. Okay, really, it’s just part of it. =P Anyhow, it’s really a full service place. Come on in, get your hair cut, get your clothes washed as you go clean off in the bath, and of course, I’ll clean up the mess that resulted from your haircut. Last night I had a cute little customer who covered his eyes with his hands during much of the haircut. He was DYING to be done near the end, but you know, that happens. At least there was no crying or screaming involved. ;) Anyhow, when the haircut was finished, he just off and went to the bath. No pay for my great hair cut, no tips, not even a kiss! Silly little guy…I’ll have to catch him later – now that he’s not all hairy. ;)

Last night during worship, we were reading along, when all the sudden Ruby got very animated while searching for the right words, "Oooooo!!! OOOOOOoooo!!!!! There’s something like a bat swimming in the lake!" Or something like that. I figured there was just another dead bat on the porch until she got to the part about swimming. Yes, the kids saw their first muskrat in the wild last night. ;)

As I was tucking Ruby into bed last night, she was playing with my hair, telling me that it looks like Aunt Tracy’s and would look just like it if I had it cut straight across in the front a little shorter. Then she asked me to tuck it behind my ears again, ‘cause it is "cute like that".  Awww.....

When I sing to Jadelyn at night, she often says, "giggle me!"  as I sing. What fun to watch a giggling, squirming little girl! =)

Just before naptime today, I had the distinct displeasure of changing yet another poopy diaper for my 3 year-old. But this one was different. This one had "dog poop" in it. For you see, she was being a dog when she pooped. Good thing she clarified for me, ‘cause I was really wondering how dog poop made it’s way into her diaper.  ;O

As I was tucking Jadelyn into bed for naptime today, she bit my nose without using her teeth. Then informed me, "I ate you up. Now we don’t have a Mom." "Why?" I asked. "’Cause I’m a lion", she stated, like that was perfectly normal and explained everything. Crazy kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment